8.19.2008

Charlie Hall CD Release


I went to the Charlie Hall Band's Cd release party for their newest CD called the Bright Sadness on Sunday night. It was a great night, they are so talented and Charlie's Songs are very thoughtful and insightful. I love the way he can write songs that obviously come out of sadness, but then turns them around to be hopeful.
I would suggest buying the album or at least giving it a listen. You can get it on itunes or here.

I found myself getting very emotional during the concert, mostly because the songs reminded me of worshiping at Elevate and Axis. It was sad to look around and not see any of my Chicago friends near by. It's funny how you can take those things for granted when your surrounded by it all the time. I have the feeling that God is going do some cool things in my life this year, he's already shown me a lot.

3 comments:

C.Hughes said...

Yeah he's got some good things planned for you. I saw you already havea flier to play a show with your friend there. thats awesome. i hope you sell lots of cds and spread your music to a whole new area code of people.

Anonymous said...

sometimes i take things for "granite"

and sometimes i take things for marble

:)

miss u,
b

Anonymous said...

yo what's your email address?

what's the name of that chick that played w/ you at your cd release?